Golden Cross Resources Ltd is committed to responsible environmental behaviour during mineral exploration. Our aim is to minimise environmental impacts at every stage of work.
The Company will:
- strive to protect the natural and social environments in which exploration is to be conducted;
- respect the rights, cultural beliefs and relevant concerns of all parties having a legitimate interest in land proposed for exploration;
- comply with all legal requirements in force in all jurisdictions in which it explores;
- minimise the impacts of exploration wherever possible, consistent with economic and other constraints;
- apply the best practical methods known and available to the Company during mineral exploration;
- abide by the principles and guidelines adopted by the NSW Minerals Council & EPA;
- report all environmental incidents to the appropriate authorities in a timely manner;
- consult with land users, owners, lessees and government authorities and encourage two-way communication;
- rehabilitate and monitor land affected by mineral exploration with the goal of returning it to its pre-exploration state; and
- train and assist its employees to achieve the above environmental goals.
All personnel and contractors will be handed a copy of this policy and made aware of their accountability for upholding the Company’s standards of environmental management.